1065 / Reblog
United Nations officials described the killing of sleeping children as a disgrace to the world and accused Israel of a serious violation of international law after a school in Gaza being used to shelter Palestinian families was shelled on Wednesday.
At least 15 people, mostly children and women, died when the school in Jabaliya refugee camp was hit by five shells during a night of relentless bombardment across Gaza. More than 100 people were injured. Via the guardian
Shit is getting out of hand
It’s been out of hand since ‘Israel’ was stolen and Zionists were given free license for genocide.
You just didn’t pay attention.
that girl you just called fat? who cares about her backstory, you just shouldn’t be a dick to people
like do we really need a tragic story to get people to stop being mean to each other wtf
**sorry for typos, i’ll try and be as quick and comprehensive as possible/copy/pasting things from other posts**
- august 9th 2014: unarmed 18 year old black male named michael brown was murdered in cold blood by a police officer while walking down the street. he was surrendering as he was being shot
- there are multiple eye witnesses: dorian johnson, tiffany mitchell, unknown, unknown, and several twitter users.
- not only is Mike Brown’s murderer darren wilson on paid vacation, the governor has declared a state of emergency in ferguson despite the fact that 1. the protests were peaceful 2. all violence was perpetuated by police officers 3. the suspected looters were not from ferguson and 4. ferguson citizens had to be the ones standing guard and making sure those out of town looters did not continue (which i thought was the job of the police…but i guess not!)
- police have lied and tried to backtrack multiple times. first said brown committed a robbery. then said the officer who shot him had no clue of the robbery. evidence arose attesting to the fact that 1. no robbery was reported and 2. the merchandise he supposedly stole? yeah, he paid for it!
- vox has a rundown of the situation.
- wikipedia has an article up now
- bail fund for those arrested in ferguson
- donate to protesters
- buy from their amazon wish list
- MASTERPOST OF THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- HERE IS A LIVESTREAM
- AND ANOTHER ONE
- FERGUSON TWITTER LIST
- REDDIT LIVE FEED
- also, there have been no riots. police have shown up in riot gear to intimidate innocent protesters demanding justice. don’t let the media’s language influence your perception!